Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, & Questioning Sangha
- 30-minute meditation
- 10-minute walking meditation, yoga, or stretching
- Reading from Awakening Together by Larry Yang or Dharma Talk
- Mindful Discussion
- Mindfulness Dedication /Closing
The Madison LGBTQI meditation group aspires to:
- Provide a safe space where LGBTQIs can deepen the practice of meditation and mindfulness.
- Cultivate a sense of community & belonging within the LGBTQI meditation group and the Madison meditation community as a whole.
- Study the dharma from diverse perspectives and inspire insightful discussion.
Yes, please bring your own cushion or bench if you have one. We have a few cushions and yoga mats. There are also chairs available.
For security purposes, we will be locking the door each night after we begin. If you arrive late, just knock and someone will let you in. Please enter respectfully.
Street parking is available on all streets around the building.
Currently, this group choses to be designated as LGBTQI-only for the purposes of cultivating a sincere circle of belonging that feels safe to its members, where they may intimately explore spirituality in the context of multiple and intersecting lines of difference that include, but are not limited to: sexuality, gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic class, age, and dis/abilities.